Re: Information requests from government agencies

From: ARTHUR CARINDAL <arthur_at_afrinic.net>
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2016 11:46:37 +0400

Dear S Moonesamy

Kindly find my answer below

> On 18 May 2016, at 2:09 AM, S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Arthur,
> At 20:42 16-05-2016, ARTHUR CARINDAL wrote:
>> I am sorry to inform you that following my internal research, I could not find any statistics as AFRINIC didn't record such specific informations from government agencies.
>
> Thank you for searching for the information which I requested.
>
> In October 2013, the CEO of AfriNIC made the following statement: "They expressed strong concern over the undermining of the trust and confidence of Internet users globally due to recent revelations of pervasive monitoring and surveillance". There are four Regional Internet Registries which currently disclose information requests from government agencies. AfriNIC is unfortunately the only Regional Internet Registry which does not publish any information about such requests.
>
> I would like to suggest that AfriNIC considers making information requests from government agencies publicly available if it believes that pervasive monitoring and surveillance is a concern.

Referring to my email below, I didn’t say nor mention anywhere that AFRINIC refuses to make publicly information you are requesting below. For more clarity, we don’t have so far any script that may help AFRINIC team to auto-record such kind of information. However we will consider your need and revert back when we are able to generate these information.

Regards

Arthur