Re: Information requests from government agencies

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Tue, 17 May 2016 15:09:30 -0700

Hi Arthur,
At 20:42 16-05-2016, ARTHUR CARINDAL wrote:
>I am sorry to inform you that following my internal research, I
>could not find any statistics as AFRINIC didn't record such specific
>informations from government agencies.

Thank you for searching for the information which I requested.

In October 2013, the CEO of AfriNIC made the following statement:
"They expressed strong concern over the undermining of the trust and
confidence of Internet users globally due to recent revelations of
pervasive monitoring and surveillance". There are four Regional
Internet Registries which currently disclose information requests
from government agencies. AfriNIC is unfortunately the only Regional
Internet Registry which does not publish any information about such requests.

I would like to suggest that AfriNIC considers making information
requests from government agencies publicly available if it believes
that pervasive monitoring and surveillance is a concern.