Vendor lock-in

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Sun, 22 May 2016 09:13:13 -0700

Hi Ish,

I'll acknowledge your effort for bringing up the topic of "vendor
lock-in" during a workshop. I have attended talks where I heard
about the wonders of Open Source Software. It reminded me of the
golden years of Open Source. Over a week ago, I read the "ethical
repository criteria" [1]. Has there been any discussion about that
in Mauritius?

Nowadays, the issue is data portability instead of Open Source
Software. I am currently unsure about how that applies to Mauritius
as I am not aware of any widely-used (local) internet-related services.

1. https://www.gnu.org/software/repo-criteria.en.html