University of Mauritius open WiFi

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Tue, 17 May 2016 19:58:41 -0700

Dear Sir/Madam,

I attended a workshop about the "Internet of Things" at the
auditorium of the University of Mauritius. I would like to thank the
University of Mauritius for providing open WiFi for internet access
in its auditorium.

I used the internet access to retrieve email. I was unable to reply
to an email as the access provided blocks outgoing mail. I found
that unusual as:

   (i) There isn't any security reason to block outgoing mail.

   (ii) I have previously used open WiFi access outside Mauritius
        and I was able to send mail.

This raises the question of what constitutes internet access. Is it
web access only? Is it Facebook access only?

"Nanotechnology" was mentioned during the workshop. I tried to
access Google to do a search on that subject. My web browser was
unable to connect to the Google web server. I found that
strange. Is it possible to do a web search from the network in the
auditorium?