Re: Des menaces contre une famille sur Facebook

From: Ish Sookun <ish_at_lsl.digital>
Date: Mon, 2 May 2016 12:49:52 +0400

Hi SM,

On 04/29/2016 09:41 PM, S Moonesamy wrote:

> It is strange to hear people talking about "cybercrime" when the country
> seems unable to get basic information which is generally used (outside
> Mauritius) for an investigation related to Facebook. What's the use of
> having workshops about "cybercrime" if there isn't any scientific
> investigation?

The reality of the Cyber Crime Unit is far from what has been portrayed.
I agree with you that the transparency report of Facebook doesn't show
any request made by Mauritius. In fact, I was very much interested in
finding more about such requests too. Alas, due to workload at a later
stage, things got stagnant.

However, after reading the article on defimedia.info, I believe the
Mauritius Internet Users should request the authorities to be
transparent on such matters in the best interest of the citizens and to
restore trust in the authorities.

I drink coffee and manage Linux servers for lexpress.mu.