Re: FW: Complaint: Illimited access to internet.

From: Ish Sookun <ish_at_hacklog.mu>
Date: Mon, 2 May 2016 12:41:09 +0400

Dear Ms Ghurbharrun,

At this stage I do not think Mr Moonesamy is making a complaint. He has
only requested an advice whether the usage of the word "unlimited" by
ISPs in Mauritius be correct.

If the Consumer Protection Unit finds it necessary to forward the
request to the Information and Communication Technologies Authority then
it is futile for Mr Moonesamy to request an advice from the Consumer
Protection Unit, as all he would get is a "reply from the ICT Authority".

I may understand that the Consumer Protection Unit prefers obtaining
clarification on technology matters before answering a consumer but that
should not be the consumer's problem. The consumer only expects a clear
answer and not having to deal with the internal procedures of the
organization.

The vision statement of the Consumer Protection Unit as published on the
website of the organization reads as follows "to create confident
customers and empowered citizens". A consumer having to wait more than a
month to get clarification of the word "unlimited" is neither creating
confidence nor empowering the citizen.

I trust that the Consumer Protection Unit will treat the question urgently.

I am copying the Mauritius Internet Users list for transparency sake.