Re: Improving an internet connection

From: Loganaden Velvindron <loganaden_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2016 18:01:49 +0000

On Fri, Mar 11, 2016 at 8:08 AM, S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com> wrote:
> Hi Logan,
> At 09:32 10-03-2016, Loganaden Velvindron wrote:
>>
>> On a general note: I find it ironic that you keep beating your chest
>> and talk about ""Better internet", when you did almost nothing to
>> improve the internet problem in Mauritius :)
>

> There is a video which shows that the person did something. Did that
> something contribute to any improvement? No.

I can understand what MIU is trying to do, and I believe that it's a
noble goal in theory. However in practice, there is a small minority
of people who are the most vocal, and yet know very little about the
underlying problems.

It is precisely those people who undermine the credibility of the group by
1) twisting things, and moments later caught lying.
2) Beating their chests off for transparency but act in an opaque
manner. This is ironically similar to the the people/system they are
supposedly fighting against.

[read animal farm by George Orwell and how the animals who fight the
bad humans away end up taking their place. In an ironic twist, some of
those animals behave exactly as the "bad humans" that they fought off
initially]

3) Lacking the necessary technical background to identify key
underlying problems, and yet trying to sound like they know.

If this is what the backbone of MIU, then people will take you as
seriously as this guy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5J0XvKzb1Ak

> The problem is that the public does not have access to information about the
> internet in Mauritius.

Practice what you preach first, then, maybe people will take the group
seriously. Rebuild your reputation by being credible.

That being said, I believe that there are some really good members in
MIU who *can* contribute greatly and make the group credible again,
but they tend to be the least vocal. To those people: Use your email,
and write sensible mails. Also, build a sustainable group with
*credible* vocal people.

I'm not sure if this mail is going to go through, but in any case, I'm
glad that I am no longer subscribed to MIU.