Re: Freedom of information Act

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2016 08:39:07 -0800

HI Sruti,
At 08:14 10-03-2016, RAKSHEETA JUGHDHARREE wrote:
>One would assume that there exists a Freedom of Information Act from
>the above statement. Will there be a Freedom of Information act in Mauritius?

Thanks for the reply.

The Ministry of Information was drafting a Freedom of Information
Bill in 2006. That is over ten years ago. There isn't any visible
local advocacy for a Freedom of Information Act (excluding a local
newspaper). I doubt that there will be a Freedom of Information Act
in Mauritius any time soon.