Re: Promoting the interest of consumers (off-topic)

From: Loganaden Velvindron <logan_at_afrinic.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2016 13:16:26 +0400

On 2/23/16 12:12 PM, S Moonesamy wrote:
> Dear Mr Velvindron,
>
> I received a complaint about a message which was posted to the mailing
> list. In my opinion the twitter link which was you posted is not
> related to "promoting the interest of consumers". I don't know which
> blog article or blog comment is causing a controversy. It is
> definitely not a blog related to the Mauritius Internet Users as the
> group does not have a blog.

Hi SM,

The blog belongs to a subscriber of MIU. The blog post is here:
http://simply-geeks.com/lets-encrypt-milestone-half-a-million-ssl-certificates-issued/

A comment was posted by a well-known Linux expert in Mauritius. I saw
the comment. A few minutes later, it was gone. The author of the blog
post replied on twitter to the person who commented. We are still
waiting for a reply to this day as to how the comment magically
disappeared :-D

> Could you please suggest what to do to resolve the matter? I will
> wait until 24 February for a reply.

The author of simply-geeks could simply explain why he deleted the
comment, and not giving due credit for the updated blog post.

SM, do you think that it's fine for a group like MIU to have subscribers
beating their chests for "freedom, transparency, IPR, etc.." when one of
them behaves like this ? Do you think that it makes MIU credible ?

If you think that I should be censored for raising this issue, please do
as you wish :)