Re: Promoting the interest of consumers (off-topic)

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2016 02:05:27 -0800

Hi Logan,
At 01:16 23-02-2016, Loganaden Velvindron wrote:
>The blog belongs to a subscriber of MIU. The blog post is here:
>http://simply-geeks.com/lets-encrypt-milestone-half-a-million-ssl-certificates-issued/
>
>A comment was posted by a well-known Linux expert in Mauritius. I saw
>the comment. A few minutes later, it was gone. The author of the blog
>post replied on twitter to the person who commented. We are still
>waiting for a reply to this day as to how the comment magically
>disappeared :-D

The author of that blog is a minor. I am a bit puzzled why a
"well-known Linux expert in Mauritius" would get into a controversy
with a minor. In my opinion, it takes time for a minor to understand
"giving due credit". I recall mentioning that topic to you in October 2015.

>The author of simply-geeks could simply explain why he deleted the
>comment, and not giving due credit for the updated blog post.
>
>SM, do you think that it's fine for a group like MIU to have subscribers
>beating their chests for "freedom, transparency, IPR, etc.." when one of
>them behaves like this ? Do you think that it makes MIU credible ?

I don't think that it is okay for me to be involved in unethical
practices. I will consider leaving the mailing list if there is
proof that a subscriber is/was involved in anything unethical. It is
stressful for me to think about whether the group is credible.
:-) I'll leave it to other people to think about that.

>If you think that I should be censored for raising this issue, please do
>as you wish :)

The censorship argument made me smile. :-) I'll ask Shelly whether I
could provide you a good excuse for you to say that I am censoring you. :-)