Re: Dissatisfied Internet User

From: Jules Mike Giovanni <johnally_at_eml.cc>
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 2016 17:44:02 -0800

Hi again,

I had a quick look through the terms and conditions[1] for the internet
service offered by Emtel.

It is stated that the subscriber equipment (i.e used to connect to the
internet service) can be put at the disposal of the Subscriber on a loan
basis and should be used as per the agreement and remain the sole
property of Emtel[2].

Further down we can also see that the subscriber has no right to tamper
with the subscriber equipment[3].

Finally as per the agreement, the susbscriber is liable for any damage
done to the subscriber equipment and has to idemnify Emtel as such[4].

In the video posted at the start of this thread, we can clearly see the
subscriber tampering with the device by opening the device, scratching
off labels and inflicting irreversible physical damage to its main
circuit board. The person went as far as saying he wish not to be held
liable for speaking the truth when, in my opinion, he's clearly
breaching the terms & conditions set by Emtel.

Last part of the agreement which is of interest[5], it states the
service offered as being on a "best effort" basis (i.e no guarantee of a
24/7 top-notch service).

The person did not specify having any of issue than running his internet
allowance low very quickly. Honestly, he took that service from Emtel
knowing about the limitation stated in the Fair Usage Policy. In this
case, he knew that he was about to register for a monthly allowance of
5gb and whether or not this allowance fits his internet habit is of NO
business to Emtel (i.e it is the subscriber's SOLE responsibility).

If he had internet issues like frequent disconnections, internet service
being unavailable for extended period of times or even a defective
subscriber equipment with no proper response from Emtel, then I'd see a
purpose to his reaction but I personally do not see any breach from
Emtel's behalf.

My previous similar videos addressed my concern about internet issues
with my ISP instead of a bad choice in internet allowance from my behalf
upon subscription for instance.

P.S Fun activity: Spot the mastery of three!

Regards, Mike

1. https://www.emtel.com/emtel-wifi-internet[1]
2. http://imgur.com/WPQKqlv
3. http://imgur.com/pCB501w