Re: Startup ecosystem

From: Stephen Naicken <stephennaicken_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2016 20:05:57 +0000

On 17 February 2016 at 16:30, Ish Sookun <ish_at_lsl.digital> wrote:

> In the panel discussion on "startups" at La Sentinelle, Mr Ramgolam from the
> Ministry of Technology, Communication and Innovation disagreed on the
> limitation of technologies in Mauritius. That means we do not have any
> technological limitations in Mauritius as per the ministry.

Personally, this is what really stood out for me from the event. Any
potential technical founder will be acutely aware of the technology
impediments to local startups and having watched that exchange, will
realise that their complaints will fall upon deaf ears. Not exactly
encouraging for those who want to start a startup.

--
Dr. Stephen Naicken, BSc, MRes, Ph.D (Sussex)
Visiting Research Fellow