RE: Are young IT professionals a threat to Mauritius?

From: Shelly Hermia Bhujun <shelly_hermia_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 2016 20:53:21 +0400

Hello SM,

Thank you for reading sharing our blog posts and for sharing your opinion about what we wrote.

Thank you Sruti! It is really nice to read your blog posts (Y) Way to go! 'Life is a beautiful ride' remind me that it's all about perspective. If you want to focus on the bad things then you will feel that the whole universe is against you but if you consider the hurdles and U-turns as challenges instead of obstacle and overcome them, then you shall be a winner/hero. So thank you for reminding us about that Sruti. Keep blogging. ^^

Getting back to the topic 'Are young IT professionals a threat to Mauritius'. Based on recent events, I can say that it is unfortunate to feel that the Government or some Government officials are afraid or rather skeptical about young IT professional talent/expertise in Mauritius. Is Mauritius adopting the 'let's recruit foreign expertise only' culture? Is this inspiring/motivating Mauritians to work for their country? If we consider the same example, maybe this is why Mauritians wants to work abroad, because they are considered as foreign experts in foreign countries. It seems that the further you travel, the higher your status is.

Kind regards,
Shelly