Internet Service Provider quality of service

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 2015 00:57:35 -0800

Dear Ms Yerriah,

It was nice to meet you at the Freedom of Information Act
workshop. The workshop highlighted the difficulties for a person in
Mauritius to get access to information held by a government
agency. Your participation as Board Member of the Information and
Communication Technologies Authority (ICTA) could be a positive step
in enabling access to information.

I assume that you are aware of the issues faced by people in
Mauritius in respect to the quality of internet connection. There is
an Information and Communication Technologies (Quality of Service)
Regulations which was published in 2014. The regulations states that:

   "The Authority may, for the information of the general public, publish
    such quality of service results and monitoring report data of public
    operators in such form and manner as it may determine."

I'll quote the following from https://www.icta.mu/it/qos.htm

   "Consumer Benefits - it enables consumers to know exactly the level of
                        service they are obtaining for the price they are
                        paying"

I understand from the above that an ISP service is not a best effort
service and that the Information and Communication Technologies
Authority will publish quality of service results so that the
consumer can make an informed decision. I could not find any results
published on the web site of the ICTA. I contacted the Manager,
Communications and Consumer Affairs of the ICTA about the above and
the answer I was received was: "No QoS results have been published as
of now,".

I am doing some research about the internet in Mauritius. Could you
please advise me on how I could get access to information about the
quality of service results?