Re: Internet Service Provider quality of service

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2015 02:28:15 -0800

Dear Ms Yerriah, Mr Jadunundun, Mr Chenney, Mr Sookun,
At 10:19 15-12-2015, Ish Sookun wrote:
>It was great meeting you folks on the Freedom of Information Act
>workshop organized by the U.S Embassy. I appreciate the strong
>presence of ICTA. That's a positive sign after Audi issues :)

I had a discussion [1] with a person from the European Parliament
last year. The discussion was about access to information and
technical standards. I assume that there is a better understanding
of the first topic after last week's workshop. I am not sure whether
technical standards are well-understood [2] by the ICTA.

A count of the raised hands in a photo taken at the end of the
workshop shows that the audience was not strongly in favour of a
Freedom of Information Act. I had a conversation with a person (who
will be reading this message) and she was surprised to hear that the
latest annual report of the ICTA is for the Year 2011. I have not
received any reply from Mr Ramchurn Chatoo after he was contacted by
Mr Jadunundun about the annual reports.

Can the Board Members of the ICTA help to fix the problem of the
missing reports so that consumers in Mauritius can find out why the
quality of internet service is so poor?

1. https://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ietf/current/msg88209.html
2. http://www.elandsys.com/~sm/incorrect-standard-cca.html