Re: Government of Mauritius, confidentiality compromised

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Thu, 03 Dec 2015 01:23:17 -0800

Hi Nadim,
At 00:58 03-12-2015, Nadim Bundhoo wrote:
>Why not trust-worthy? What are the certificates used?

Sorry, I should have been clear when I wrote "certificates". I was
referring to academic qualifications. I saw the following:
https://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/EC-Council-Reviews-E657085.htm

>Yes it is. But are they aware that confidential documents are in the
>public domain?

I don't think so as I have not seen this mentioned in the newspapers.

>Yes certainly it does. How will the data controllers or those in
>possession of personal data process the data when the policies are
>badly written or if well written, ignore them?

Maybe the persons controlling or processing personal data are blindly
following instructions instead of asking questions if they find that
the policies are badly written. A person might say that he/she does
not know about the Data Protection Act and that he/she has been given
verbal instructions to do that work.