Re: Email problems with govmu.org

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2015 06:30:05 -0800

Dear Mr Mulloo,

This is a delivery report which I received today:

   "Consumer Affairs Unit (consumerpu_at_govmu.org)
    The recipient's mailbox is full and can't accept messages now. Please try
    resending this message later, or contact the recipient directly.

    The following organization rejected your message: C11-EX-SVR-MBX4.gov.mu."

On 26 October, I received the following delivery report:

   "mtci_at_govmu.org
    The recipient's mailbox is full and can't accept messages now.
    Please try resending this message later, or contact the recipient directly.

   The following organization rejected your message: C11-EXSVR-MBX01.gov.mu."

It has been over a year since the Ministry of Information and
Communication Technology "lost" its domain name [1]. Is there a
reason why the Government Online Centre is still using the "gov.mu"
domain name?

I am not interested in the money spent on the email system for the
Government of Mauritius. However, I am interested in seeing an email
system which works. It is strange when the mailboxes of different
government departments are full. Is there a technical problem or
some other problem causing those mail delivery failures?

1. http://www.elandsys.com/~sm/mict-gov-mu-not-found.html