Re: Orange Klif & Firefox OS review

From: Jules Mike Giovanni <johnally_at_eml.cc>
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2015 01:30:11 -0800

Hi SM & Ish,

Thank you a lot for your reviews on the Orange Klif. It was enjoyable to
see your first-hand experience of the new mobile OS.

I did notice that you both raise an important point about the lack of
application for the firefox OS and also the low specs of the Orange
Klif.

Apps in firefox OS are created using web technologies that some of us
are familiar with; HTML5, CSS3 and Javascript. A framework is offered,
if I'm not mistaken, where the "web" app can communicate with the device
native functionalities.

When I was coding some applications for Android, I had the choice to
either go for a full-native approach in Java or hybrid approach using
web technologies (HTML5, CSS3 and Javascript). I had the chance to
review the pros and cons of both approach with the apparent exposure
that full-native applications tend to perform better than its hybrid
counterpart. However, the rise of hybrid apps for android is apparent
with solid frameworks like Ionic, Sencha Touch and Intel XDK.

In my opinion, as soon as firefox OS enters the market fully and becomes
a competitor to android, ubuntu and iOS, we will see a definite rise in
the number of mobile applications for it. The simple fact being that
many of the hybrid apps created already for android can be reworked to
support firefox OS in a short period of time. Unfortunately, your
favorite native apps from android and iOS will take some time to enter
the firefox OS scene.

I, personally, look forward to firefox OS as a mobile app programmer and
I strongly think it will make its way among the top market leaders.

Kind regards,
Mike

--
http://www.fastmail.com - Send your email first class