Re: Latency Test with www.facebook.com

From: Loganaden Velvindron <logan_at_afrinic.net>
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2015 22:38:10 +0400

Dear Orange,

I am contacting you regarding the reply you sent to Mrs Shelly:

http://lists.elandnews.com/archive/mauritius/internet-users/2015/11/4022.html

I believe that it's possible to get 120-150ms latency in Mauritius. Back
in 2007, I was on a 512Kb/s ADSL line, where I was getting 120ms latency
from Mauritius to facebook and myspace.

In 2015, Orange is offering 30Mbit/s connection with 350ms latency to
facebook. I *definitely* noticed an increase in the latency which is
degrading the Internet Experience, as the rise of VOIP/video services
such as skype, whatsapp, and viber and Google Hangout have increased the
demand for *responsive* web applications, and therefore better latency.
Therefore I believe that if Orange cares about its customers, It should
investigate the latency issues from Mauritius to US via its dynamic paths.