Re: 100 Mbps local access to the internet

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2015 17:19:37 -0700

Hi Mike,
At 16:01 27-10-2015, Jules Mike Giovanni wrote:
>such a connection for the mentioned pricing. What now? We can only guess
>and speculate.

The 100 Mbps local access is a suggestion.

>It is a very good initiative in my point of view. Providing such
>connection speed however will not be as easy as flipping a switch. I
>would be interested to know more about the outcome of the informal talk
>with the said employee. As of now, I do think that Orange Mauritius has
>the ability to provide such a connection speed. Whether they will go for
>it in a near future is another thing we could debate on.

There wasn't any result from that informal talk. Ish and I were
asked what would home users do with 100 Mbps. In my opinion, it
would give that ISP an advantage over its competitors. As I said,
this is a suggestion instead of a debate about what an ISP would do.

>Point to be noted: For the gaming community, there is very little
>concern about download speed. The main focus is on upload speed and
>latency. As long as there is an uncapped connection with 6mbps or more

The upload speed would have to match the download speed increase for
us to see a difference in the internet in Mauritius.