Re: Mauritius Telecom and Emtel peering at MIXP

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2015 02:00:17 -0700

Hi Daniel,

As an off-topic comment, the subscription request which you sent
several months ago did not go through as there was a misconfiguration
on your mail server. I suggest sending a subscription request from
the company you are affiliated with if you are still interested in
subscribing to the mailing list.

I understand that an IX is Layer 2. In your reply, you stated that
"the MIXP is completely open and neutral". Why is the administrative
contact for mixp.org listed as Data Communications Ltd?

I could not find a copy of the rules of association of the MIXP on
its web site. Would it be possible to publish that for the sake of
transparency?

You also stated that "Also note there is no restriction on who can
get a port, nor on port speed". I received the following comment
from Logan Velvindron in March:

   "I once contacted th MIXP to host an Open Source mirror. I was told
    that I couldn't be part of the board, because I didn't have an ISP
    license. So, I would like further clarification regarding the
    statement "MIXP is open to everyone", which is not convincing."

Does the MIXP require its members to have an ISP license?

Thank you for confirming that "both Emtel and Mauritius Telecom are
active at the MIXP".