FW: Banning of Facebook

From: Shelly Hermia Bhujun <shelly_hermia_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2015 12:27:17 +0400

Hello SM,
> There is a news article at
> http://www.defimedia.info/dimanche-hebdo/dh-actualites/item/79703-derapages-sur-facebook-le-sergent-robin-bundhoo-la-police-sera-intraitable.html
> in which Mr Robin Bundhoo commented as follows:

> "Nous n’avons pas exactement de moyen de contrôle sur un groupe. Mais
> la personne qui gère le groupe en question doit assumer ses
> responsabilités en tant qu’administrateur."

Thank you for sharing SM.
> Would the Page administrator be held responsible
> if there are people using fake profiles to post
> messages and images to the group?

I have been a page and group admin on Facebook and it is a huge responsibility.Yes - An admin should be careful about the content and messages posted by the users.Being in charge of a public group is even more complicated because you have no idea if the users have a genuine profile or not.
Facebook usually delete any inappropriate pictures and send a notice to the admin or user.I don't know if it is the same for comment though.
Yes, the admin has the right to delete comments or any publication that he/she might find inappropriate. I would still blame the users for posting any offensive comments though. A group or a page is a way for users to bounce around their opinion. Each group has a description and objective. Can we really blame the page admin if some FB users don't know their limits and start an off-topic discussionon sensitive issues? (It depends- I don't know the whole story)Can we blame the owner of Twitter or Facebook if users don't know their limit?
Is it really a problem about knowing how to use social network or the Internet? I would rather say that the issue is more about educating people how to use it.
Again- Banning Facebook is not a solution. It's like taking a candy away from a kid- will the kid stop thinking about it or will he/she be looking for another candy?
Found some interesting links:https://www.facebook.com/groups/398960740258344/?fref=ts(Please find the attached picture for those who are not on FB.)
This issue was reported in 2013 but who can guarantee that it is not still happening?http://www.lemauricien.com/article/prisons-centaine-detenus-s-affichent-sur-facebook-et-communiquent
Again- There has been several cases reported and news articles on various FB or social network problems. How come no request was recorded? It seems that banning Facebook is a more interesting subject than talking about how they can actually make sureFacebook get their requests.

Kind regards,Shelly

FB_Screenshot.jpg
(image/jpeg attachment: FB_Screenshot.jpg)