Freedom of Information event (was: Request to represent the MIU)

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Mon, 07 Sep 2015 22:58:10 -0700

Hi Omdeep,
At 12:31 07-09-2015, OMDEEP GOKHOOL wrote:
> scheduled one. However I received a mail from the Embassy, Corinna
> Zarek is coming to Mauritius on the last week of September and they
> want to know if the MIU would be willing to host her for a talk. I
> am forwarding the mail to this mailing list.

Will the topic be about Freedom of Information or Open Government
[1]? How does the topic fit within what the Mauritius Internet Users
is interested in? How will we get a venue to be able to host the talk?

The topic might not be suitable for a web developer or system
administrator audience. It would be better suited for an audience
with an interest in media or law.

There were some issues during the last event. An event is not as an
opportunity for people to complain about what they do not like about
Mauritius or negatively criticize a ministry on unrelated topics. I
received a complaint about that even though the persons were not
participating as part of this group. What do you suggest to prevent
that from happening?

1. https://www.linkedin.com/pub/corinna-zarek/1/b20/5ab