Re: Tendance Digitale 2015

From: Ish Sookun <ish_at_hacklog.mu>
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2015 19:42:54 +0400

Hi SM,

On 7/15/15 12:22 PM, S Moonesamy wrote:

> I read the article about "Tendance Digitale 2015" by Winley Vellin.
> There is unfortunately very little information about Mauritius in the
> article. According to the article "la derniere tendance digitale dans
> le monde" is customer experience. The interaction between an
> organisation in Mauritius and the customer is usually poor. If there
> were online reviews, it would show whether companies in Mauritius
> understand how to engage the customer.

The following is mentioned in the article:

        "La concurrence étant de plus en plus rude et ce même à Maurice, il est
essentiel d’être en avance et de prendre les bonnes mesures avant les
autres."

It is difficult to assess the level of competition in Mauritius due to
lack of information, reviews and surveys. I do not know if independent
surveys are done and whether they make the results public.

> Are there any companies in Mauritius successful in applying any of the
> techniques mentioned in the article? I doubt that given that there
> isn't any company mentioned. The "tendence" Mauritius is to borrow an
> example from abroad when there isn't any successful example in the country.

The "tendance" is to re-write an article initially published abroad
rather than studying the "tendance locale" and writing something.

​Ish Sookun
- Geek by birth, Linux by choice.
- I blog at HACKLOG.in.