RE: La cybercriminalité : la loi devrait être renforcée

From: Shelly Hermia Bhujun <shelly_hermia_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Jul 2015 21:07:42 +0400

Talking about laws, would it be 'cybercriminalité' if someone uses foul language on Facebook? Is it a 'cybercriminalité' if i strongly disagree with someone and if he/she reports the case to the police?
> The definition of "cybercriminalité" may be broader than what you might view as "cybercriminalité". One of the arguments for the change is that there are special laws in Mauritius to cover "cybercriminalité".
 There is the following:
> "Le fait, sans motif légitime, notamment de recherche ou de sécurité
> informatique, d'importer, de détenir, d'offrir, de céder ou de
> mettre à disposition un équipement, un instrument, un programme
> informatique ou toute donnée conçus ..."

> Does the above make it illegal to own some types
> of software unless the person can show that
> he/she has a good reason for having the software?

How will people be able to protect their website if they cannot access software that will enable them to identify the vulnerability of their website.
 There is also:
> "La participation à un groupement formé ou à une entente établie en vue de la préparation, caractérisée par un ou plusieurs faits
> matériels, d'une ou de plusieurs des infractions ..."

This will affect anyone who is part of a group which discusses about hacking even if they did not participate in the discussion. I think it's unfair and that anyone can be at risk and end up with a fine or prison.
> I doubt that people are even aware of the above proposed change.
You are right, I was not aware of the risks involve.