RE: Facebook account compromised. How?

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2015 11:34:00 -0700

Hello,
At 02:41 26-06-2015, Shelly Hermia Bhujun wrote:
>There are so many people using the Internet nowadays and the number
>of phishing,hacking,fake profiles cases keeps increasing. The media
>publishes great articles about it and then .....nothing! Do they
>follow-up on such issues? What has been done to counter such
>problems? Has the Government look into this matter seriously? Did
>they do some kind of awareness?

I don't recall seeing any follow-up by the local press or any report
of what happened to the investigations. I don't know what has been
done to counter such problems or whether there has been some kind of
awareness. There is a "cyber-strategy" which was published by the government.

>Do they inform students about it in schools? I know that there are
>some workshops on health organized in schools by NGOs etc What about
>the Internet and Technology?

I guess that students are supposed to be informed through the
National Computer Board "cyber caravan".

As a group which is interested in the internet we could have reached
out to schools to create awareness about those issues. It is very
difficult to do that though as:

   (a) We don't have enough people who will volunteer to do that work.

   (b) We don't ask money from companies as non-governmental organisations
       do as we won't be able to be neutral then.