Re: How can i protect my website

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2015 12:02:38 -0700

Hi Shelly,
At 10:17 26-06-2015, Shelly Hermia Bhujun wrote:
>How can i identify which software a website is running? So how do i
>proceed if i want to protect my website if it is running on
>Wordpress? How much would it cost me to hire someone who understands
>website security? Are the most reliable website

I have not tested
https://addons.mozilla.org/En-us/firefox/addon/wappalyzer/ It can be
probably be used to identify the software.

I don't have Wordpress expertise. I suggest that you find someone
with Wordpress expertise for advice. I can review that advice to see
whether the person is telling you idiotic stuff. :-) I would have to
look at the web site and discuss about the security with you before I
can say how much it would cost.

I did not understand the last part of the paragraph quoted above. My
free advice would be to ensure that software updates are installed in
a timely manner as it reduces the risk of your web site being compromised.