RE: Heathcare practice in Mauritius - WhatsApp

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2015 06:07:34 -0700

Hi Shelly,
At 00:25 25-06-2015, Shelly Hermia Bhujun wrote:
>I agree but they also mentioned why they took such initiative. I
>guess they could adopt another way of sharing healthcare
>information. The better approach would be to use an application
>designed specifically for sharing healthcare information. The
>information could therefore be encrypted and stored properly. The
>doctor assistant application seems to be a good idea.

It is not that easy to design an application for sharing healthcare
information. Even if the application is a good idea you still need
the knowledge to design it.

>Maybe the Minister of Health and Quality of Life could help doctors
>find a better option to share and store healthcare information. I
>believe they would encourage such projects since the latter helped
>launching tropicalmiss in Mauritius plus, we are living on a smart
>island right?

It's not a matter for a minister to help doctors with. I assume that
you mean that the government should give away money to encourage a
private healthcare project. This usually attracts companies
interested in getting government money instead of companies which can
deliver a workable alternative.

Wasn't it Facebook island?

>I always thought the medical sector was still into paper work
>instead of adopting new means of information storage until i read about that.

There is a healthcare provider which uses smartcards. I don't know
whether it contains healthcare information. Public healthcare is
still paper-based. There is a healthcare provider which has the following:

   "Electronic Medical Records (EMR) refers to electronically maintained
    online medical records which replace the heavy and cumbersome physical
    files of old which were restricted in accessibility. EMR can be accessed
    at multiple locations by multiple users reducing errors in medication
    and delays in monitoring of patients.