RE: When domains redirect you to a facebook page

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2015 13:41:22 -0700

Hi Cédric, Vincent
At 02:04 18-06-2015, Cédric Poottaren wrote:
>I believe this is due to laziness. Besides, the
>price list itself is obsolete this is what
>annoys me personally. I quote from their page at [1]:

Shelly and I discussed about the topic during
tonight's weekly call. I'll use
www.islandhaze.com as an example. The web site
does not look interesting at all. The company
has a Facebook page [1]. It is updated
regularly. The question which the Facebook users
asked is about price [2]. In that example the
same question was answered seven times. As this
is Mauritius, every teenager is on Facebook and
those are the customers of the company. The
company does not need a web site for its local
customers. It could redirect its web site
visitors to Facebook if it does everything in Facebook.

At 04:12 18-06-2015, vincent pollet wrote:
>Yes I am also annoyed by this

I'll quote some text from the article:

   "De plus, il va sans dire que le simple fait d’utiliser Facebook pour
    communiquer bénéficie avant tout et surtout à Facebook et au final
    donne une image peu reluisante des moyens qu’une entreprise alloue
    à sa communication."

Yes.

It's a bit more complex than that in practice as we are on Facebook island.

1. https://www.facebook.com/islandhaze.mu
2.
https://www.facebook.com/islandhaze.mu/photos/a.10150262751950733.378313.195670215732/10153294575685733