Re: Notes of meeting of the Multistakeholder Forum

From: Ish Sookun <ish_at_hacklog.in>
Date: Sun, 14 Jun 2015 13:27:54 +0400

Hi Sun,

On 6/14/15 1:11 PM, Sun wrote:

> The first question that I would like to ask is, Why is those
> information being made confidential? If those information are released,
> would it harm the mission of the multi-stakeholder forum which I believe
> the mission is to take control of .mu

The argument that was brought forward was that other people on the
multi-stakeholder forum did not find it pleasant to receive emails from
the public. Therefore, it was requested not to release the discussions
in public. SM tried hard to explain the transparency within which the
Mauritius Internet Users operate. He said the notes are important to be
shared with MIU members. Such sort of transparency & accountability did
not appear normal to other people in the forum. It was said that if MIU
has nominated us to represent them, we can decide for them and we are
not obliged to share the happenings with them.

There was a comment by someone that when he goes back to his association
he doesn't share all the happenings but just a few lines in general
because the people might not be interested with every detail.

There was also a comment that we're doing 'Facebook' with the
discussions. SM strongly objected and clarified we are not on Facebook.
I stayed quiet. I found it futile to argue with people who do not regard
transparency & accountability as important and call emails as Facebook.

I will report the happenings in due time at another level. The forum was
to discuss .mu ccTLD and not to give a Transparency 101 lecture to
people with several years of experience.

​Ish Sookun
- Geek by birth, Linux by choice.
- I blog at HACKLOG.in.