Local context

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2015 15:56:27 -0700

Hi Shelly,

I am writing to you as you are leading the Mauritius Internet
Users. The quality of the emails sent to the mailing list is poor as
the sentences do not look like they are written in English. Some
opinions are not based on facts and may convey misleading information.

I understand the local context and the way English is understood on
the island. People may be used to a writing short messages on
Facebook instead of writing a formal message. It is an embarrassment
to be part of a group which cannot write a message in English. It
is a problem for me to be on a mailing list on which people provide
misleading information in formal messages.