Re: Mauritius Open Data Readiness Assessment

From: Ish Sookun <ish_at_hacklog.in>
Date: Thu, 04 Jun 2015 19:50:36 +0400

Hi SM,

On 6/4/15 3:43 PM, S Moonesamy wrote:

> My web browser prompted me to
> install software to view that video. I did not find that encouraging.

I had the same issue with my browser. Besides I find it not very
professional to simply put a link to a media gallery where one has to
then look for a video.

> I was interested in reading about the government's perspective in
> respect to Open Data in Mauritius. It is unfortunate that there isn't
> any information available on the web site of the Ministry of Technology,
> Communication and Innovation.

Agreed. I was expecting to read the government's vision with respect to
Open Data in Mauritius. Is Mauritius simply following a global trend or
the government is really committed?

> I assume that it is also to encourage citizen feedback and
> accountability by fostering civic engagement. It is improbable that it
> will happen when information is not made available in a timely manner.

I sent a honest feedback to the Central Informatics Bureau on 22 May
2015. I haven't receive any acknowledgement on the same. Can I expect
data to come in a timely manner from the Central Informatics Bureau in
the future?

​Ish Sookun
- Geek by birth, Linux by choice.
- I blog at HACKLOG.in.