Re: Mauritius Open Data Readiness Assessment

From: Daniel Laeng <daniel_at_laeng.org>
Date: Thu, 04 Jun 2015 18:19:39 +0400

Hi,

> There is also a link to a video about "Open Data". My web browser
> prompted me to install software to view that video. I did not find
> that encouraging.
In case anybody else doesn't have silverlight and wants to see the
video, it's a TED talk and is available on Youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThM6umznsWM

I was a bit disappointed by the video. Even though the speaker is an
evangelist for the open data initiative for the Whitehouse, most of her
examples are not really examples of open data. Her projects tend to be
government run/sponsored, and/or she doesn't mention what open data they
actually use.

Cheers,

Dan.

--