Re: Mauritius Open Data Readiness Assessment

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Thu, 04 Jun 2015 09:21:31 -0700

Hi Ish,
At 08:50 04-06-2015, Ish Sookun wrote:
>I had the same issue with my browser. Besides I find it not very
>professional to simply put a link to a media gallery where one has
>to then look for a video.

At first I thought that the link was incorrect as it is not how a
video works on the web site.

>Agreed. I was expecting to read the government's vision with respect
>to Open Data in Mauritius. Is Mauritius simply following a global
>trend or the government is really committed?

I guess it is being done as the World Bank [1] has been promoting
Open Government Data. I have some doubts about whether the
government is really committed to Open Data.

>I sent a honest feedback to the Central Informatics Bureau on 22 May
>2015. I haven't receive any acknowledgement on the same. Can I
>expect data to come in a timely manner from the Central Informatics
>Bureau in the future?

I also did not receive any response. The above question is one which
we could ask during the workshop.

1.
http://pmo.govmu.org/English/Documents/Cabinet%20Decisions%202015/Cabinet%20Decisions%2015%20May%2015.pdf