Re: Joomla! When to use?

From: Ish Sookun <ish_at_hacklog.in>
Date: Fri, 29 May 2015 16:33:25 +0400

Hi Jochen,

On Thu, May 28, 2015 at 8:48 PM, Jochen Kirstätter <mscc_at_kirstaetter.name>
wrote:

> So, this clearly isn't related to the choice of CMS.
>
> Using an off-the-shelf CMS gives you the advantage of having access to
> thousands of templates. No need to develop it from scratch, easy and fast
> done. Furthermore, you keep the door open for growth.

​I agree with the vast choice of templates and plugins with a CMS. However,
I would find it a bit surprising to for a web agency to sell a Joomla + an
off-the-shelf template. Where is the web development in that? It sounds
more like you only hire someone to install something (with no development
involved); keeping in mind that adding texts & images in Joomla isn't web
development.

A CMS seems to better suit in situations for continuous updates of
articles. I do not think it's a good idea to provide a customer (who
requires only 10 pages) a Joomla with no maintenance contract.

​Regards,

--
​Ish Sookun
- Geek by birth, Linux by choice.