Re: Representative

From: Dhiruj Rambaran <dhiruj_at_shoponline.mu>
Date: Fri, 22 May 2015 21:26:31 +0400

Hi S,

Yes I would like to be put forward as a possible representative in
certain subject matters where I have good experience and thus may be
beneficial to the group as a whole.

However please note that, in my conversation with MICT, I did push for a
group of individuals to be present, not just one representative. In this
vein I was thinking along the lines that we have some outstanding young
people in this group, each very knowledgeable in certain areas. This is
fantastic. However, and this is where I feel I may have a role to play,
when dealing with government you are basically dealing with 'egos'.. and
fragile ones at that! To sit there and take an 'attack stance'
automatically puts the govt lot into defense mode and, consequently,
they will try and shoot down every suggestion we may possibly make.

I propose that I could (subject to vote) attend these meetings as some
sort of "good cop", helping getting points across but in the most
delicate fashion. Yes I can lose my cool sometimes too, but not as much
as I would 25 years ago (lol).

We are all disgusted and frustrated by govt in IT.. and IT in govt and
it can be (very) hard to control ourselves sometimes.

At the end of it all we are all aiming for the same result.. and that is
to be heard, to be taken seriously and to have our suggestions acted upon.

Your thoughts please....

Dhiruj