Re: Representative

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Fri, 22 May 2015 13:20:00 -0700

Hi Dhiruj,
At 10:26 22-05-2015, Dhiruj Rambaran wrote:
>Yes I would like to be put forward as a possible representative in
>certain subject matters where I have good experience and thus may be
>beneficial to the group as a whole.

Thanks.

>However please note that, in my conversation with MICT, I did push
>for a group of individuals to be present, not just one
>representative. In this vein I was thinking along the lines that we
>have some outstanding young people in this group, each very
>knowledgeable in certain areas. This is fantastic. However, and this
>is where I feel I may have a role to play, when dealing with
>government you are basically dealing with 'egos'.. and fragile ones
>at that! To sit there and take an 'attack stance' automatically puts
>the govt lot into defense mode and, consequently, they will try and
>shoot down every suggestion we may possibly make.

In the above, are you suggesting that the representative does not
report the facts as people with fragile egos might not like it or
that the facts may be viewed as an "attack"?

I have posted notes of the meetings which I have had with
government. I have followed the diplomatic approach. Some of the
issues which I raised have been ignored even though I provided
arguments to verify whether they were real issues. The government
officials did not shoot down the suggestions; they ignored it. I
assume that the Mauritius Internet Users will not be happy if it
views are ignored.

>I propose that I could (subject to vote) attend these meetings as
>some sort of "good cop", helping getting points across but in the
>most delicate fashion. Yes I can lose my cool sometimes too, but not
>as much as I would 25 years ago (lol).

I am okay with that as long as you can push forward the views of the
Mauritius Internet Users. If a representative tries to look good at
the expense of the Mauritius Internet Users, the Mauritius Internet
Users will deal with that in an innovative way. :-)