RE: Achievements

From: Shelly Hermia Bhujun <shelly_hermia_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 20 May 2015 20:54:52 +0400

Hello,
I agree with SM and Ish, there has not been any achievement so far. How it helped me, was through an article in the local press about a pink tote bag promised to me by Morimode. It also helped me to face the legal tantrums i got from companies and authorities.
Some people might say that the MIU is a failure. SM and Ish said that MIU is a failure. Why are those people still on the mailing list? There isnt any achievement because:
1. The MIU has reported security issues affecting websites in Mauritius; the reports have been ignored. 2. The MIU has reported a very serious security problem with .mu, the Government has ignored this report.3. The MIU has sent representatives to workshops organised by the Government, the recommendations made by our representatives have been ignored as the Government prefer to hire foreign experts even though they would be getting the same recommendations.4. We have reported several important websites in Mauritius such as, gov.mu.org, infotech.mu, mbc.mu who are below the standard. The Government agencies running these websites have been unable to improve the websites. 5. There is a National Internet Filtering System in Mauritius. The Internet Users in Mauritius have been not been informed about that. What if it is use to make a list of all the websites we visit everyday? or used against the Government?
If the Government and companies in Mauritius cared about Internet Users in Mauritius, they would not have ignored the above problems. What is the ICT Advisory council doing about these blatant failures? Why do ISPs in Mauritius say that they care about Internet Users in Mauritius when we don't even have an acceptable Internet connection? As for the ICTA, do you think that it is acceptable that it does not consult Internet Users before implementing its regulations?
Why is the Mauritius Research Council proposing to research seaweed instead of supporting research to solve problems affecting the Internet in Mauritius?
Thank you.