RE: Achievements

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Thu, 21 May 2015 00:17:12 -0700

Hi Shelly, Vincent,

Shelly, Congratulations on Bahrain. :-)

At 09:54 20-05-2015, Shelly Hermia Bhujun wrote:
>Some people might say that the MIU is a failure. SM and Ish said
>that MIU is a failure. Why are those people still on the mailing
>list? There isnt any achievement because:

I am on the mailing list because I am contributing towards the two
ongoing initiatives. Shelly mentioned that it is not possible to
achieve anything as the problem reports are being ignored. I
consider having Shelly leading the Mauritius Internet Users as an achievement.

The Information and Communication Technologies Advisory Council
provided advice which is detrimental to the interests of residential
internet users. It is not possible to verify that claim as there
isn't any public information available about the ICT Advisory
Council. Since several weeks there is a serious security issue
affecting a bank in Mauritius. Is CERT-MU even aware of that?

At 10:25 20-05-2015, vincent pollet wrote:
>Remember Morimode? the guy was thinking we were teenager sending
>angry emails...

The person probably did not know how to do a web search. :-)

>Then we go to all companies and associations asking them to backup
>our objective by signing it. We create a website to get more
>visibility (piece of cake) get a logo to brand our image and we
>finally contact the press (when everything is done) to federate the public.

Jean-Philippe Caussin de Perceval and I have been discussing about
creating an association. It would not be a problem to get a few
persons to create a web site for us.

Will those companies and associations prevent the Mauritius Internet
Users from being neutral? Will they give us money and expect us to shut up?

>Then organizations such as ICTA, NCB and others will maybe listen as
>they know that we are representing something :)

Have those government agencies heard of this thing called the internet? :-)