Re: ICT/BPO workshop 2015

From: vincent pollet <hello_at_ict.io>
Date: Wed, 20 May 2015 21:39:24 +0400

Hi Sruti

Here is an article explaining the project and why they want to do it:
http://www.lematinal.com/news/local/7918-pravind-jugnauth-l%E2%80%99%C3%A9mergence-d%E2%80%99une-smart-mauritius.html

I want to underline that there are some good ideas, but i don't think
creating a second Cybercity will help when the first one is half empty...

They also want to create smart cities where people can live and work in a
connected,green,smart environment. They are currently looking at converting
some IRS projects into smart cities.

I express doubt about decentralizing the tech industry across the island.
In my opinion there can be only one Silicon valley ! replicating innovative
environment is very difficult.... but this is my personal opinion and I may
be wrong .... time will say :)

I love others aspects especially the fact that the government is announcing
that they will tackle internet connectivity issues but that you already
knows everything about it

Regards,

*VINCENT POLLET *| *CO-FOUNDER*

*WWW.ICT.IO <http://www.ict.io/> *
EBENE CYBERCITY - MAURITIUS

e: vincent_at_ <vincent_at_pongosoft.com>ict.io
m: +230 52520766
skype:vincent.pollet67

[image: Inline images 1]

On 20 May 2015 at 18:21, Sruti Jughdharree <saisruti1501_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello Vincent,
>
> What are some examples of the objectives for a Smart Mauritius?
>
> Cheers,
> R.J
>
> On 20 May 2015 at 17:57, vincent pollet <hello_at_ict.io> wrote:
>
>> Hello
>>
>> The article is mentioning the issue of qualified staff, on the slides you
>> will find propositions to overcome the situation. As said it is not a new
>> issue and it has been discussed for many years in those type events :
>>
>> http://en.afriqueitnews.com/2013/05/22/mauritius-the-ict-sector-lacking-qualified-staff/
>>
>> The slides are a compilation of the groups discussions and each table had
>> to choose one person to make a presentation of the discussions. So you have
>> the summary in the slides :)
>>
>> Smart Mauritius is a great idea but really ambitious, time will say if we
>> can reach the objectives.
>>
>> Cheers
>>
>> *VINCENT POLLET *| *CO-FOUNDER*
>>
>> *WWW.ICT.IO <http://www.ict.io/> *
>> EBENE CYBERCITY - MAURITIUS
>>
>> e: vincent_at_ <vincent_at_pongosoft.com>ict.io
>> m: +230 52520766
>> skype:vincent.pollet67
>>
>> [image: Inline images 1]
>>
>> On 20 May 2015 at 04:43, S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Vincent,

>>> Assuming that "well know the problem", why is it that I could not find
>>> reports about the problem?
>>>
>>> The word "workshop" is defined as "a meeting at which a group of people
>>> engage in intensive discussion and activity on a particular subject or
>>> project". The challenge in Mauritius is to have a workshop where a group
>>> of people engage in intense discussion.
>>>
>>> What is interesting the ideas that people expressed (cf the pdf on the
>>>>

>>> I had a conversation about exports to Africa several months ago. I
>>> cannot tell from the slides (feedback) whether the idea was clearly
>>> described.
>>>
>>> There was an interesting comment this week from a person who is from
>>> India about education. There wasn't any response to his comment. One of
>>> the slides has "Capacité d’analyse". I would be interested in reading an
>>> analysis of, for example, the price of internet". I am interested to read
>>> about the ideas which people (excluding the presenters) expressed. Smart
>>> Mauritius is popular these days.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> S. Moonesamy

logo-ict-and-moto-300x86.jpg
(image/jpeg attachment: logo-ict-and-moto-300x86.jpg)