Re: National Internet Filtering System

From: Avinash Meetoo <avinash_at_noulakaz.net>
Date: Mon, 18 May 2015 09:43:03 +0400

Dear Ish,

This matter was discussed during the last ICT Advisory Council and you will
get the Notes of Meeting shortly.

In essence,

   - The ICTA organised a workshop in 2011 with various stakeholders prior
   to the setup (it is not clear whether members of the public were invited
   though).
   - The ICTA implemented the system afterwards (but the server is not at
   their premises anymore).
   - The system is still active.
   - We can, as the ICT Advisory Council, contact the ICTA to ask for a
   meeting with them to discuss the matter further if you feel this is
   important.

What do you think?

Avinash

--