RE: Telecommunications and ICTs: Drivers of innovation workshop

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Mon, 18 May 2015 09:10:02 -0700

Hi Shelly,

Ish asked the following question:

"Anybody who knows a good screenshot app for HTC Desire smartphone?
Something that should be around 150k in size. I do not want to
download any adware stuff.

I need to capture something I found on a website."

The answer is at
http://www.htc.com/sea/support/htc-desire-600-dual-sim/howto/373625.html

At 08:14 18-05-2015, Shelly Hermia Bhujun wrote:
>Yes it is, because i haven't seen any innovative Mauritian Project
>so far. Talking about the approach and failure. Has the Executive
>Director change the approach so that people are encouraged to come
>with new ideas? Or does the Executive Director prefer to just sit
>and get paid rather than working out a new approach?

The replies which I received do not point to a change in the
approach. The Executive Director did not mention that the MRC was
working out a new approach. I may have misunderstood the
replies. Ish might be able to comment about this matter.

>I would like to know the reaction of the Acting Director of the
>Central Informatics Bureau when Ish told him that the Google CAPTCHA
>was missing in the mobile version of the web site.

I'll clarify this point. Ish commented that the Government Portal
has been operational since 2013. He then said that he tested the
sign-in for the Portal a few minutes ago and it did not work. He did
not specifically mention the Google CAPTCHA. The reaction was a
general comment which was not related to what Ish asked about.

>You pointed out the Government Website issue and i would like to
>know what you meant when you said: The reply was that they are
>mentioned as part of the tender process.

The reply about the tender process seemed like saying that the
government uses a good process for its purchases and the technical
specifications are included as part of that process. My question was
about the technical specifications (or standards) which the
government follow for designing web sites.

>I would also like to know about the 'seven ways to boost innovation
>for a SMART Mauritius.'

Ish may be better placed to answer this one as he asked about the IBM
Cloud product which is known as Bluemix. I forgot to mention that
Ish commented about the Cloud sites being far away from
Mauritius. The Program Director from IBM UK replied that he had a
discussion about having Bluemix locally. There will be an event this
Thursday afternoon about the IBM Cloud product.