Re: Telecommunications and ICTs: Drivers of innovation workshop

From: Ish Sookun <ish_at_hacklog.in>
Date: Mon, 18 May 2015 21:39:02 +0400

Hi SM, Shelly,

On Mon, May 18, 2015 at 8:10 PM, S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com> wrote:

> The answer is at
> http://www.htc.com/sea/support/htc-desire-600-dual-sim/howto/373625.html

​Thank you :-)​

> At 08:14 18-05-2015, Shelly Hermia Bhujun wrote:
>
>> Yes it is, because i haven't seen any innovative Mauritian Project so
>> far. Talking about the approach and failure. Has the Executive Director
>> change the approach so that people are encouraged to come with new ideas?
>> Or does the Executive Director prefer to just sit and get paid rather than
>> working out a new approach?
>>

> The replies which I received do not point to a change in the approach.
> The Executive Director did not mention that the MRC was working out a new
> approach. I may have misunderstood the replies. Ish might be able to
> comment about this matter.

​The Executive Director of the MRC replied my question stating that the MRC
should find a way to connect & reach to "professionals"​. He mentioned more
engagement with user groups. I guess that was an instantly formulated
answer. From the reply one could understand that at the moment there is no
means to get professionals reach MRC or vice versa. Unfortunately, I could
not talk to him afterwards as he may have left early.

> Ish may be better placed to answer this one as he asked about the IBM
> Cloud product which is known as Bluemix. I forgot to mention that Ish
> commented about the Cloud sites being far away from Mauritius. The Program
> Director from IBM UK replied that he had a discussion about having Bluemix
> locally. There will be an event this Thursday afternoon about the IBM
> Cloud product.
>
> ​
I do not recall all the seven ways mentioned. They were rather a
walkthrough of popular words such as innovation, cognitive, ​etc. A
presentation on IBM Bluemix is scheduled at the ICT Academy of the National
Computer Board this Thursday. I received the invite a few days back and
today while discussing the subject with Ben Mann, he told me tomorrow at
the University of Mauritius, IBM is doing some sort of demo. I do not have
details though. One may contact to University of Mauritius to find out.

​Regards,​

--
​Ish Sookun
- Geek by birth, Linux by choice.