Re: Unfair practises by Mauritius Telecom

From: Ish Sookun <ish_at_hacklog.in>
Date: Sat, 16 May 2015 17:42:55 +0400

Hello Jimmy,

On Sat, May 16, 2015 at 3:47 PM, jimmy banjeet <cbanjeet_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> I am unhappy that I have to pay Rs799 for a 1Mb ADSL connection speed when
> my friends from other parts of the country who pay the same fee are getting
> 10Mb connection speed.

​I pay Rs 949 for 1Mbps MyT. ​

> Now my complain is:
> If we pay the same money, everyone is supposed to get the same similar
> service. For example we all pay a fixed amount as license fee to MBC every
> month.In return, we are delivered the same number of channels everywhere on
> the island. Likewise if i pay the same amount of money to Mauritius telecom
> like my friend living in RoseHill, then I should get the same service. If
> the service is different, then the fee should be different.

​I do not know if ​officers who sit on cozy chairs will take this complaint
into consideration. It seems that they have a problem replying to emails.
There is a "lengthy" procedure on icta.mu[1] explaining how to make a
complaint. I do not know if the procedure is made such way to discourage
people from sending complaints.

I believe complaint submission should be made as easy as possible. There
should also be a facility for anonymous complaints.

> N.B. Mauritius telecom said: everyone will get 10Mb/Fiber speed when they
> enter the fiber zone. But when i went to the orange website and check the
> expected coverage; surprisingly it said: April 2017. I cannot keep paying
> the same fees if their service/offer is not uniform.

​I agree with you.​

​Regards,​

--
​Ish Sookun