Unfair practises by Mauritius Telecom

From: jimmy banjeet <cbanjeet_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 16 May 2015 15:47:04 +0400

Hello,

I am unhappy that I have to pay Rs799 for a 1Mb ADSL connection speed when
my friends from other parts of the country who pay the same fee are getting
10Mb connection speed.

Now my complain is:
If we pay the same money, everyone is supposed to get the same similar
service. For example we all pay a fixed amount as license fee to MBC every
month.In return, we are delivered the same number of channels everywhere on
the island. Likewise if i pay the same amount of money to Mauritius telecom
like my friend living in RoseHill, then I should get the same service. If
the service is different, then the fee should be different.

N.B. Mauritius telecom said: everyone will get 10Mb/Fiber speed when they
enter the fiber zone. But when i went to the orange website and check the
expected coverage; surprisingly it said: April 2017. I cannot keep paying
the same fees if their service/offer is not uniform.

I am hoping that someone will look into this.

Jimmy