Re: La Fibre

From: Mohammad Nadim <nadim.attari_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 12 May 2015 16:03:18 +0400

Hello Yudish,

Then I don't understand why the difference in price? Is it because of MyT
Essentiel offers TV? If yes, means that the additional Rs150 is for TV
channels, right?

Question: If someone has MyT Essentiel, does he have to pay MBC an
additional monthly fee of Rs100 (I don't know the exact fees) which comes
on the CEB bill.

Regards,
Nadim Attari

On 12 May 2015 at 15:22, Luchmun Sadhveer Sharma <ssyluchmun_at_gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi Nadim.
> All broadband packages require fiber optics. I inquired to Orange about
> this previously when I came across the following application form.
> http://www.orange.mu/pdf/app1-adslhome.pdf
>
> Regards,
> Luchmun Sadhveer Sharma (Yudish)
>
> On Tue, May 12, 2015 at 11:36 AM, Mohammad Nadim <nadim.attari_at_gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>

>> On 5 May 2015 at 21:28, Mohammad Nadim <nadim.attari_at_gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> Some 2 weeks ago, I requested Orange to change my internet from my
>>> actual MyT (512K) to FTTH. Today technicians came (contractors, not MT) and
>>> installed the new equipments. It took them around 1 hour.
>>>
>>> The first thing I did was to test the speed (speedtest.net). Formerly I
>>> used to have 0.99 Mbps down speed and today I've having between 1.5 to 2
>>> Mbps. I was not happy of course and went to complain to the nearly customer
>>> service - I need ~10Mbps.
>>>
>>> They told me the following:
>>>
>>> - I am still on 512K in their books (I have an improvement in speed
>>> though)
>>> - I'll be paying the same monthly amount
>>> - What they did today was only "*migration*" (from MyT to FTTH)
>>> - MT shall phone me some times later to ask me whether I want to opt
>>> for any fibre packages (10M 50GB, 10M unlimited, 20M 100GB, 30M 150GB)
>>> - If yes, and for example I opt for 10M 50GB, I'll pay Rs949/mo
>>> instead of actual amount (Rs750+VAT)
>>> - Else I'll remain on the 512K package (technically an
>>> improvement in internet speed, but same actual monthly amount)
>>>

>> Speed test results (on Sunday):
>>
>> Mauritius: http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/4349408598
>> Singapore: http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/4349411294
>> Paris: http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/4349413856
>> San Francisco: http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/4349416326
>> Perth: http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/4349423958
>>

>> BTW, on the "Order modification form" I saw 2 prices for 10M 50GB: One
>> for MyT (La Fibre) _at_949Rs and one for Broadband _at_799Rs (both are VAT
>> inclusive). I can't find details of the latter on Orange.mu. See a copy of
>> the form (big sorry for the quality)
>>

>> ​
>>
>> Anyone know about this "Broadband 10M 50GB" package ?
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Nadim Attari
>>
>> p.s. _at_Sun : if you can't have La Fibre, try "Broadband 10M 50GB" package
>> - it is cheaper too :-)

Order-Modif-form.jpg
(image/jpeg attachment: Order-Modif-form.jpg)