RE: Amended Note of Meeting for Multi-Stakeholder Forum held on 22 April 2015

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Tue, 12 May 2015 04:53:41 -0700

Dear Mr Gorden,

Please refer to your email dated 12 April, referenced as MTCI/58/2/4 V2.

I would be grateful if you could correct me if my understanding of
the following is incorrect:

   (i) The minutes of the meeting of a committee has to be factual and
       accurate.

  (ii) It is the responsibility of the secretary of a committee to record
       the minutes of the meeting of the committee.

I sent an email to the Secretary of the Multi-stakeholder Forum on 6
May to inform you that the minutes of the meeting held on 22 April
were not accurate. In reply to that email you mentioned that you
were requested to inform me that amended would be brought during the
next meeting of the Multi-stakeholder Forum. I regretfully have to
highlight that it is the responsibility of the Secretary of the
Multi-stakeholder Forum to record the minutes and ensure that those
minutes are factual and accurate.

I represent the Mauritius Internet Users as a volunteer effort. I do
not receive any compensation or reimbursement of travel expenses for
participating in the Multi-stakeholder Forum meetings. The Ministry
of Technology, Communication and Innovation proposes to have another
meeting to make the necessary amendments to the minutes of the last
meeting so that those minutes will not be inaccurate. I assume that
the amended minutes will then be circulated and there will have to be
another meeting if those amended minutes are again inaccurate. I
will have to pay the cost of participating in those meetings out of
my own pocket.

We both have access to the internet and we are using email to
communicate. Is it a problem to discuss about the minutes by email
so that the record of the last meeting is accurate?

I would be grateful if those inaccurate minutes could be corrected in
a timely manner.