Re: La Fibre

From: Luchmun Sadhveer Sharma <ssyluchmun_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 12 May 2015 15:22:47 +0400

Hi Nadim.
All broadband packages require fiber optics. I inquired to Orange about
this previously when I came across the following application form.
http://www.orange.mu/pdf/app1-adslhome.pdf

Regards,
Luchmun Sadhveer Sharma (Yudish)

On Tue, May 12, 2015 at 11:36 AM, Mohammad Nadim <nadim.attari_at_gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello,
>

> On 5 May 2015 at 21:28, Mohammad Nadim <nadim.attari_at_gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> Some 2 weeks ago, I requested Orange to change my internet from my actual
>> MyT (512K) to FTTH. Today technicians came (contractors, not MT) and
>> installed the new equipments. It took them around 1 hour.
>>
>> The first thing I did was to test the speed (speedtest.net). Formerly I
>> used to have 0.99 Mbps down speed and today I've having between 1.5 to 2
>> Mbps. I was not happy of course and went to complain to the nearly customer
>> service - I need ~10Mbps.
>>
>> They told me the following:
>>
>> - I am still on 512K in their books (I have an improvement in speed
>> though)
>> - I'll be paying the same monthly amount
>> - What they did today was only "*migration*" (from MyT to FTTH)
>> - MT shall phone me some times later to ask me whether I want to opt
>> for any fibre packages (10M 50GB, 10M unlimited, 20M 100GB, 30M 150GB)
>> - If yes, and for example I opt for 10M 50GB, I'll pay Rs949/mo
>> instead of actual amount (Rs750+VAT)
>> - Else I'll remain on the 512K package (technically an improvement
>> in internet speed, but same actual monthly amount)
>>

> Speed test results (on Sunday):
>
> Mauritius: http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/4349408598
> Singapore: http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/4349411294
> Paris: http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/4349413856
> San Francisco: http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/4349416326
> Perth: http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/4349423958
>

> BTW, on the "Order modification form" I saw 2 prices for 10M 50GB: One for
> MyT (La Fibre) _at_949Rs and one for Broadband _at_799Rs (both are VAT
> inclusive). I can't find details of the latter on Orange.mu. See a copy of
> the form (big sorry for the quality)
>

> ​
>
> Anyone know about this "Broadband 10M 50GB" package ?
>
> Best regards,
> Nadim Attari
>
> p.s. _at_Sun : if you can't have La Fibre, try "Broadband 10M 50GB" package
> - it is cheaper too :-)

Order-Modif-form.jpg
(image/jpeg attachment: Order-Modif-form.jpg)