Re: Facebook

From: Ish Sookun <ish_at_hacklog.in>
Date: Mon, 11 May 2015 21:04:28 +0400

Hello Shelly,

On Mon, May 11, 2015 at 8:52 PM, Shelly Hermia Bhujun <
shelly_hermia_at_hotmail.com> wrote:

> I always share pictures and videos and it's the first time i got this
> message. Can somebody please explain why i got this?

​Did it ever happen to you when you subscribe to a Facebook application it
asks you for authorization? To be precise, authorization to post on your
wall and sometimes the walls of your friends. Such apps behave like bots[1].

Bots post stuffs automatically and the link (picture or any other media)
you shared must have been shared previously by bots. Facebook thus performs
some sort of test to confirm that you are NOT a bot. A simple test would be
show you an image and ask you what it is. Such a test would be "difficult"
to a simple Internet bot.

Bots are known to be top spammers :-)

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_botâ€

​Cheers,​