Re: CMS - first version

From: Loganaden Velvindron <loganaden_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 11 May 2015 16:56:25 +0000

On Mon, May 11, 2015 at 4:49 PM, Mohammad Nadim <nadim.attari_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello Logan,
>
> I need a license for this CMS. Please help.
>
> Jochen provided me with this link: http://choosealicense.com/ - the first
> thing I see is : "I want is simple and permissive" (MIT license) and I love
> it. But can you advise which one will be better?

I use this license:
http://cvsweb.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/share/misc/license.template?rev=HEAD

Here's why:

The license is less US-centric. GPL and quite a few licenses have been
drafted based on US laws. That means that there are some issues with
interpretation in different countries.

Quoting from OpenBSD's website:

"
ISC

The ISC copyright is functionally equivalent to a two-term BSD
copyright with language removed that is made unnecessary by the Berne
convention. This is the preferred license for new code incorporated
into OpenBSD."

Have a read about the Berne Convention regarding International Copyright:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Berne_Convention

Of course, the choice is up to you, I'm merely explaining why I use
the simplified ISC license :)